Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sundance Film Festival


It is once again time for the Sundance Film Festival. I have to admit, that I think it is an awesome thing. For a little part of the year Park City is transformes into Tinseltown. I actually have been to Sundance...saw a movie premiere and went to an after party. I had a blast. Good times all around. On my way into the office this fine Tuesday morning, I past countless Escalades that were part of a limo service with Sundance stuff all over them going out to the airport...I assume to pick more stars. It got me thinking about some of the discussions I have heard over the years. Every night I see throngs of young teens, young adults freezin' to death walking the streets of P.C. star gazing. The sad thing is, I know a portion of those people dress up, doll-up, fake-up and then head for the mountains to be discovered. I guaran-damn-tee that is the mentality of some of these people. I've seen the signs, I seen the people. You poor people, when was the last time you saw Leeza Gibbons or that strange-duck "Cojo...Kojo????" Who cares talk about an actor who was discovered standing in the snow in Park City with a sign that said, "Hollywood, your search is over." Here's a little taste of reality folks...{Boot To The Head}...you are wasting your time, and you probably scare the people from Hollywood away with your tactics. You have more of a chance being discovered having your buddies pepper-spray or taser you nearly to death. Just ask Johnny Knoxville and his crew. Much love to Knoxville and the Jackass/CKY stables...you all have made being an insomniac an enjoyable thing. Here's hoping for a Jackass 3. Anyways, for those of you thinking about going to Sundance to be the next big thing, put your posterboard and markers down, grab your bus ticket, go to Blockbuster...hell go to Red Box and grab a cheeseburger and fries, select a fine feature film and enjoy...because thats the closest you're gonna get to Hollywood. Seacrest out----->

No comments: