Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Power of a C.B.


Many years ago, I served my mission in Japan. Having always been a fan and supporter of the soda industry, I took pride in my taste of the finer beverages in life, (Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi, Root Beer, Mountain Dew...you get the idea.) It was until 1996 however, when a whole new world of soda choices opened before me. I think the Japanese people like soda just as much, if not more than Americans. (They just don't drink 108 oz. at a time.) The two years I spent in Japan were awesome for so many reasons, and one of those was the endless line of beverages I could enjoy. Sometimes I tell myself that I would give up Coke for a Mitsuya White Cider, or give up my Diet Pepsi for a BYG (Cola, Grape or the deadly Melon.) The power that a Cold Beverage has over me is rather disturbing. It seems that I always need something near my hand to drink...it doesn't even matter what it is. It has to be cold, carbonated and crisp...there you go, the three "C"s to a good C.B.

No comments: